Political Action Committee
Please educate yourself on the current political issues facing our community and your Union.
The most important contribution one can make to their community is to vote in all elections.
Your Union does not advocate for any political party. We support those who support Labor.
Your voice at the ballot box is key for positive change and growth.
The following is a list of issues to watch here in Kern, Inyo, and Mono Counties:
1. Water Bond Issues ( Delta Tunnels)
2. Oil and Gas Discussions ( CRC Projects)
3. Education Bonds to Build schools ( Construction means jobs)
4. Tax Debates ( Proposition 1 Gas Tax created millions of dollars in projects to repair our infrastructure)
5. Marijuana Regulation ( Impact on City and County revenue)
Once a person becomes educated on the issues, one can vote to support the candidates who support their particular point of view.
The following candidates have been endorsed and supported by Local 460 for the November 2020 Election;
US Representative- Congress
21st District - T.J. Cox
8th District - Chris Bubser
26th District - Drew Phelps
32nd District - Rudy Salas
5th District - Leticia Perez
These candidates have proven to be friends of Labor and support our issues.
For those Districts not mentioned, there is no endorsement.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO VOTED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!!